Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
Finance Division Executive Assistant - Indiana Pacers (Indianapolis, IN)
This position is a project-oriented executive assistant charged with proactively ensuring the Finance Division operates effectively and efficiently. This position will support the EVP Finance/CFO and his direct reports by managing and initiating projects that help the overall division and its leaders be more productive and impactful. These projects will be aimed at creating efficiencies, shortening project timelines, and improving communication and department image among other things. In addition, this position will provide limited support in the areas of accounts payable as well as provide overall administrative support for the department in all areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop top notch presentations for both internal and external company use with advanced Powerpoint (Charts/Graphs/pictures/videos/music) and other tools for EVP and VPs/Directors within the department as needed.
2. Advanced use of word/excel for various department projects and tracking/analysis
3. Utilize advanced outlook for calendar management and scheduling for executives in division
4. Ability to quickly identify needs and opportunities within the department and initiate and drive projects to successfully fill these needs.
5. Daily use of strong organization skills to maximize individual and department productivity and drive projects to completion.
6. Organize events and meetings for department or inter-department; manage process from start to finish including but not limited to guest list, invitations, follow up, event details and execution.
7. Utilize strong people and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively within department and company as well as with external stakeholders. This position will be a key point person for the department and will therefore be critical in shaping impressions of the company and department. Positive, upbeat, professional, proactive communication and quality work and follow up is required.
8. Ability and desire to learn more about company and department is necessary to maximize performance in this position since much of this position is self-directed and based upon proactive opportunity-searching. Ability to learn and understand the business of the NBA, sports, the history of the building, operation of the department, individual roles within the department etc. is necessary.
9. Creatively approach projects within the department and search for ways these can not only be solved, but also as knowledge of the company expands, how greater benefits and efficiencies can be gained.
10. Assist with travel coordination for department when needed
11. Assist Accounting Department with Accounts Payable and other accounting related duties as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university and a minimum of two years experience in comparable role required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Superior ability to write reports and correspondence that include using correct grammar and tone. Ability to edit and proofread work to minimize errors and enable this position to work independently. Must be highly effective communicating verbally on the phone and in person both one on one and with a group and building strong, positive, professional relationships with all types of internal and external stakeholders and grow these relationships so they are mutually beneficial.
Strong understanding of mathematical concepts and ability to utilize excel for tracking, analysis and project work.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must deal with employees and executives at all levels including the public and exercise discretion and independent judgement when resolving issues related to the concern of the EVP Finance and others within the division and company.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Be exposed to loud noises
5. Use computer
6. Speak, hear and write
Advanced MS Office skills required including strong Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
Administration/General Management: Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Assistant - Sacramento Kings (Sacramento, CA)
Key Responsibility Areas: Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides administrative support to the Vice President and Director of Human Resources.
• Maintains Application/Resume-tracking database.
• Responds to Application/Resume inquiries.
• Maintains team member personnel files.
• Processes New Hire paperwork.
• Processes Termination paperwork.
• Maintains I-9 compliance.
• Maintains filing system.
• Coordinates department office supplies.
• Assists with New Hire Orientation and Benefits Orientation as needed.
• Schedules and coordinates interviews with potential candidates; coordinates travel arrangements for out of town candidates as needed.
• Assist with Employee Recognition Programs as needed.
• Assist with Job fairs as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Communications or applicable degree is required.
• Two years experience in an administrative support role is preferred.
• Experience in a Human Resources role is also preferred.
• Computer skills including in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
• Work with a sense of urgency and priority.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Proven ability to professionally deal with confidential information.
• Strong customer service orientation.