Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Administrative Assistant, Revenue - Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena (Atlanta, GA)
» Business Analyst - Pacers Basketball, LLC (Indianapolis, IN)
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
Administrative Assistant, Revenue - Atlanta Hawks & Philips Arena (Atlanta, GA)
THE ROLE: ATL Hawks, LLC have an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in the corporate offices located in downtown Atlanta.
The Administrative Assistant will be one of the main administrative points of contact for the Corporate Partnerships and Business Development, Revenue Integration, Suite and Ticket Sales departments. Reporting directly to the EVP & Chief Revenue Officer, this position will be responsible for answering questions in-person and by phone, directing calls in a prompt, decisive and courteous manner, exhibiting good business acumen, using good judgment and providing excellent customer service to internal and external clients. This position will provide significant administrative support to include copying, record keeping, data entry, calendar maintenance, scheduling, arranging travel arrangements and more. Ability to maintain attention to detail and to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated timeframe or deadline.
Administration/General Management: Office Manager
Business Analyst - Pacers Basketball, LLC (Indianapolis, IN)
This position identifies and manages key projects within the business that when successfully implemented will create efficiencies and improve business operations through the strategic implementation of technology and other process improvements. This position must be able to work effectively and communicate clearly with various stakeholders, quickly understand key business practices and the role they play within the department and the business, develop a clear road map for improvement, and timeline for implementation. This position must also prioritize these key projects company-wide and get buy in from VP of IT and other key stakeholders to ensure implementation is successful, timely and on-budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Work closely with VP of IT, key business stakeholders and end users to understand client and business needs and processes necessary for achieving optimum business results.
2. Work directly with end users and business stakeholders to develop a needs analysis that will determine the solution options.
3. Identify areas within business processes that can be improved upon, streamlined or eliminated and effectively communicate to stakeholder improved and sustainable alternative process to get buy-in and support.
4. Translate stakeholder and company needs into clear requirements and action plan for project.
5. Work closely with VP of IT and business teams to agree on plan and roadmap for individual projects and overall prioritization of projects across the company.
6. Create buy-in for requirements and action plan from all stakeholders and translate final plan into usable work flow document for implementation team.
7. Manage day to day change requests for projects and work plan to ensure project deadlines are met.
8. Handle day to day communications and problem solve with implementation team and all stakeholders including end users to ensure project continues to meet the needs of the business and is accepted and embraced by all stakeholders.
9. Analyze the previous business solutions and projects implemented to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the business and all stakeholders and identify continued process improvement opportunities to ensure top performance and efficiency.
10. Work with end users or assist end users with adapting, accepting and using new products and processes to ensure top business performance and efficiency.
11. Supports fellow team members, work with various stakeholders to problem solve and overcome obstacles, communicate effectively with various stakeholders to maximize team performance and ensure projects overall success.
12. Continually evaluate, in conjunction with VP of IT and others, current IT investments, people, processes, business needs, technology to ensure PSE is realizing the maximum benefits. Identify opportunities for improvement as a result of this evaluation.
13. Ability to identify other factors or limitations such as culture, company or business climate or individual and team characteristics that might influence the success or failure of a particular project and be able to mitigate these circumstances to ensure overall project success.
14. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors of Science degree from a four year college or university in Computer Science, Business, Informatics, Information Technology or other similar degree. Minimum of 5-10 years experience as a technical business analyst and/or technical project manager. Previous experience and sound knowledge of the Sports and Entertainment industry a definite plus. Proven success managing a team resulting in specific measurable and sustainable positive outcomes a must.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels. Ability to openly communicate progress and status of projects at times explaining highly technical processes and issues and making them easy to understand by non technical stakeholders. Ability to work with VP of IT and others to manage stakeholder expectations. Must be highly effective communicating verbally on the phone and in person both one on one and with a group and building strong, positive, professional relationships with all types of internal and external stakeholders and grow these relationships so they are mutually beneficial. Must have the ability to gain the support and buy in of stakeholders for both the overall project and individual project details. Must have proven ability to interact effectively with end users. Ability to organize and effectively run meetings and conference calls.
Strong understanding of mathematical concepts and ability to utilize various technologies for project management and tracking as well as reporting, presenting and analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Analyze and document complex and at times illogical business processes. Ability to translate business requirements and business practices (at times illogical) into understandable end user stories, functional requirements and business use cases that can be implemented for increased business performance and efficiency and sustained over the long term.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must deal with employees and executives at all levels including the public and exercise discretion and independent judgement when resolving issues and implementing projects. Demonstrated ability to make clear and concise decisions. Must have very strong organization and project management skills and be self motivated and results oriented to identify opportunities and projects without being told. Must also be results oriented and able to see projects through to successful completion.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
4. Be exposed to loud noises
5. Use computer
6. Speak, hear and write
Experience designing and supporting reports and related technologies; Strong understanding of relational database(s) which include the following: MSSQL, MySQL, SQL Anywhere,(Archtics Database); Experience with Paper Save or Document Management Solutions; Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains; Experience and strong understanding with CRM Solutions which include Microsoft CRM, Salesforce or web based CRM solutions; Experience with SharePoint current and previous versions; Strong understanding and support with MSOffice 2010, 2013 including MS Excel, Access and Visio or similar applications; Experience with connecting multiple databases and database structures together internally and externally; Familiarity with setup, design and creating database warehouses, master databases and integrating the business unit’s data into this database. Advanced MS Office skills required including strong Powerpoint, Word, Excel and Outlook skills; Ability to take initiative to identify and learn new technology and determine if it is applicable to the current business environment. Understanding and experience with agile methodology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
2. The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
3. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Pacers employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Pacers employment site.
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ