Current available jobs in Communications:
» Director of Broadcast & Communications - Atlanta Dream (Atlanta, GA)
» Chicago Sky Social Media Intern - Chicago Sky (Skokie, IL)
» Segment Producer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
» Research & Sales Support Coordinator - Utah Jazz (Salt Lake City, UT)
Communications: Communications Department Management
Director of Broadcast & Communications - Atlanta Dream (Atlanta, GA)
ATLANTA DREAM DIRECTOR OF BROADCAST & COMMUNICATIONS
Title: Atlanta Dream Director of Broadcast & Communications
Department: Atlanta Dream Broadcast & Communications
Reports to: President and General Manager
Type: Exempt, Full-Time
The Atlanta Dream Director of Broadcast & Communications is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This includes increasing the visibility and enhancing the image of the Atlanta Dream organization locally, nationally, and internationally through valuable, effective and strategic communication efforts, pro-actively securing publicity, using digital media platforms to enhance owned media opportunities, developing, planning, and conducting corporate communications programs to improve and support team business objectives with the media and consumers. Position will disseminate information utilizing team controlled communication outlets as well as traditional print, broadcast, internet and social media channels and will be an integral part of team strategy to grow team communication channels into legitimate advertising mediums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create the strategic vision for the department by designing and executing a strategic year-round broadcast & communications plan that provides media coverage for the company (owners, coaches, players, management and all business initiatives) and helps to grow all team communication channels by utilizing team business and basketball related information
· Develop and implement integrated marketing communications and digital strategies to effectively communicate the brand, build awareness for the enterprise, elevate the top-of-mind perception of the Dream throughout the region and increase the traffic and commercial value of the Dream’s digital properties
· Identify challenges and emerging areas of concern facing the organization. Work with the leadership team and department members to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
· Secure strategic news coverage about the organization’s business relations with corporate partners, philanthropy in the community, high-profile promotions and off-field stories about players in entertainment and lifestyle mediums
· Integrate social responsibility, ticket sales, sponsorship and marketing initiatives into overall public relations plan
· Utilize social media as part of overall communication platform while focusing on aiding in the growth of the platform
· Oversee production of press releases, media materials, speeches, scripts, articles and business presentations
· Assist with writing and editing various email newsletters and web material as needed
· Influence public opinion through strategic communication activities
· Act as company’s spokesperson and represent company at press conferences, briefings and presentations as directed
· Support advertising campaigns and/or edit material for organization publications through broadcast & communication programming
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with key media members, influencers, WNBA/NBA beat reporters, local and regional assignment editors and producers, media company management, trade industry media representatives, and non-sports media (business, entertainment, lifestyle, human interest, etc.)
· Pitch unique stories to non-traditional sports media outlets to widen the Dream’s regional awareness
· Serve as primary contact for corporate communications, trade, business and consumer media queries
· Manage press conferences for major announcements, pre/post season sessions, etc.
· Oversee all communications to employees – corporate and basketball
· Coordinate basketball operations communications, including, but not limited to game press releases, game notes, and story pitches with Manager of Media Relations
· Manage PR messaging strategy, interviews & speaking opportunities for the coaches, players and management and provide them with media training and talking points as appropriate
· Work with league office as necessary in regards to storylines, statistics, national media requests, etc.
· Manage the broadcast/communications/public Broadcast & Communicates staff, seasonal staff, outside consultants, and interns
· Oversee the writing and distribution of press releases & media advisories, the scheduling of interviews with management and executives, and provide interview prep as needed
· Collaborate with digital marketing staff to develop and manage social media communication initiatives, including interaction with the public via Facebook, Twitter, blogs and online chats
· Monitor quality control in all internal & external constituent communications by working with all departments to ensure consistency and quality throughout the organization’s communications efforts
· Track department expenditures and manage Communications budget with Finance Department
· Maintain accurate database of media contacts and track earned media coverage
· Direct the day-to-day strategy and execution of organization’s corporate and internal communications for all non-player related platforms
· Oversee the research and implementation of scoreboard technical advancements
· Direct the team’s television production unit
· Create new and compelling year-round programming for DreamTV and direct the overall development of written and video content on the team’s Web site
· Work with the team’s cable and radio partners to improve or create additional programming
· Work with Senior Staff to create new programming for the purpose of adding value to current or future sponsorship deals
· Oversee the creation of in-house television and radio commercial production
· Oversee the production of video content for team marketing brand campaigns
· Oversee the research and implementation of technological advancements on the Web
· Assist in the development and review of creative treatments, helping to ensure that brand standards are upheld
· Work closely with broadcast media partners, TV and radio producers/directors and on-air talent to produce exemplary regional television and radio broadcasts
· Hire and work with seasonal on-air talent & production staff to drive compelling content for the broadcasts and other internal and external digital media outlets
· Oversee the development & maintenance of company intranet site
· Assist in developing corporate communications policy as it relates to style guide development
· Oversee event and team photography
· Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
· Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals
· Other duties as assigned
This position will have managerial responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Marketing, PR, Journalism or related field
· Masters degree in sports management or business preferred
· Minimum of 7-10 years PR experience with previous management experience
· Experience integrating public relations, community relations and marketing into overall communications strategy
· Extensive experience utilizing and developing strategy for social media programs
· Experience dealing with professional sports team business and basketball personnel (Knowledge of and interest in Dream/WNBA is preferred)
· Excellent communications skills including oral, written and presentation; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
· Excellent leadership skills combined with outstanding management skills
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines and budget
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment is a must
· Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays
· Ability to travel as needed, which may include away games, training camp, league events, etc.
· Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
· Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software suite of products
· Talented self-starter with an extremely creative mind, strategic ideas, and a focus on achieving excellence
· Ability to think strategically and innovatively in formulating and executing ongoing marketing and advertising plans in highly competitive environment
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
As needed to meet education and/or experience
Communications: Internet Communications
Chicago Sky Social Media Intern - Chicago Sky (Skokie, IL)
The Chicago Sky is seeking Social Media Interns to assist with managing social media for the Chicago Skys’ official accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine and others. Responsibilities include:
· Help with idea generation, content development, planning and scheduling for all social media platforms.
· Provide social coverage on gamedays and other Sky events.
· Find innovative ways to grow and engage the Skys’ social media audiences.
· Monitor and track Skys-related activity across all platforms.
· Utilize social media analytics tools to produce reports that evaluate the performance and effectiveness of social media campaigns.
· Help with photo needs, including editing, curating, organizing, shooting and posting to social media.
· Assist with miscellaneous Social Media projects as necessary.
· Undergraduate degree (or currently studying) and experience in related field.
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment as part of a team.
· Strong written and communication skills with a specific understanding of how to write and communicate on each social platform.
· Graphic design experience and Adobe Photoshop skills are preferred.
· Knowledge of the Chicago Sky organization and the WNBA is mandatory.
· Willingness to pro-actively learn about emerging forms of social media, industry trends and best practices.
· Ability to produce high-quality work while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
· Must be trustworthy given access to sensitive information.
· Ability to analyze social media data and organize into actionable information.
· Flexible availability to work at all hours of the day, throughout the week, and holidays (as needed).
· Is creative, organized and has a sense of humor.
The position will be based at the Sky office in Skokie. Candidates must have access to transport to ensure they can be present at Allstate Arena on game days and the Sky practice facility as required. Candidates should have a clear understanding that this role will require availability outside of regular business hours. This is an unpaid position and it is preferred students can recieve academic credit for their participation.
Resumes and examples of other activity on social media should be submitted directly to email@example.com no later than April 24, 2015.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Communications: Broadcast Production
Segment Producer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
Overview: Producer, content creator, creative. Will be responsible for generating in-arena and Monumental Network content. This person will be shooting, editing and doing light graphics work.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.
Research & Sales Support Coordinator - Utah Jazz (Salt Lake City, UT)
The Miller Sports Properties has an immediate full time opening for a Research & Sales Support Coordinator. The Research & Sales Support Coordinator will conduct primary and secondary research for Miller Sports Properties, including the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, Miller Motorsports Park, 1280 The Zone, KJZZ, and EnergySolutions Arena. This position will also serve as a liaison between the internal marketing and sponsorship sales departments.
This position will be responsible for the following:
Qualifications & Requirements:
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.