Current available jobs in Communications:
» Production Coordinator - Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Lynx (Minneapolis, MN)
» Broadcast Engineer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
» Corporate Communications Coordinator - Oklahoma City Thunder (Oklahoma City, OK)
» Digital Activation Specialist - Phoenix Suns / Sports & Entertainment Services/Phoenix Mercury (Phoenix, AZ)
Communications: Live Event Production: Announcers, DJs, MCs
Production Coordinator - Minnesota Timberwolves and Minnesota Lynx (Minneapolis, MN)
Who We Are: The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are professional NBA and WNBA basketball teams based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Timberwolves were founded in 1989 and the Lynx were founded in 1999, both teams are owned by Glen Taylor. The Timberwolves play in the NBA’s Northwest Division of the Western Conference, while the Lynx play in the WNBA’s Western Conference.
Our Purpose: Be a Pack. Believe. Inspire. Unite.
Our Core Values: Play Hard, Play Together, Be a Pro, Have Fun, Play with Passion and Think Innovatively
Who We Want: We are looking for a Production Coordinator who is ready to come in and make an immediate contribution to our Live Programming and Entertainment department. The individual in this role will be working with our Director of Live Programming and Entertainment, Manager of Game Presentation as well as our Dance and Performance Manager and Mascot Supervisor on all game-day programming, communications and entertainment.
Read through the job description below. You must include a cover letter and resume.
Department: Live Programming & Entertainment
Position Type: Full Time/Non Exempt/Regular
Date Modified: 11/25/2014
The Production Coordinator works with management on coordinating, organizing, and executing all aspects of the game night and event planning processes. This position also assists the Dance & Performance Manager with all event, clinic, audition, workshop needs and the Mascot Supervisor with mascot operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform these essential functions:
1. Responsible for all “day of” game and event paperwork including format/rundown, PA’s, corporate branding, and scoreboard messages.
2. Responsible for management of promotional tunnel for all home games, including waivers, contestant selection and promotion activation including set-up, staffing, rules, signage paperwork, accounting, teardown and storage.
3. Coordinate all of the skyway interactive area including set-up, staffing, rules, signage paperwork, accounting, teardown and storage.
4. Coordinate all activities in the arena including Crunch, Prowl, Hoop Man, sponsor contests, presentations, as well as various other game ops areas including music, lighting, signage, etc.
5. Coordinate all audition processes for the Live Programming and Entertainment department, as well as clinic and workshop processes for Manager of Entertainment/Performance.
6. Coordinate selected outside events such as exhibition games, season tickets holder events, international games, etc.
7. Primary department lead for all giveaways, t-shirts, and promotional items.
8. Assist with hiring, scheduling and overall supervision of Game Presentation Game Night Assistants, Action Pack, and Stage Managers.
9. Assist with other various projects and duties as assigned by the Manager of Game Presentation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other:
Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
1-2 years of even planning experience is preferred. Previous experience working in sports is preferred.
This position does have supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically 9:00 AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work all Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise weighing up to 15 pounds.
Position may require some travel.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Communications: Broadcast Production
Broadcast Engineer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
Overview: Hands-on position that will work with Exec Producer and Chief Engineer to support, address all technology equipment and tasks. Including but not limited to repair, operation, maintenance (both hardware and software) of broadcast television equipment and engineering infrastructure which supports all aspects of a live television environment in a sports arena.
Must have knowledge of: Harris Routers, Ross Switchers, Blackstorm playback machines, EVS, Sony Cameras, Panasonic Cameras, CCTV Systems, RF Signal maintenance, Miranda systems. Knowledge of engineering standards and practices a must.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Corporate Communications Coordinator - Oklahoma City Thunder (Oklahoma City, OK)
The Corporate Communications Coordinator will help the Oklahoma City Thunder reach out to its fans and partners and broaden the team’s impact by communicating the team’s marketing, sales, community and business messages across all media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Corporate Communications team to execute organizational communications strategies
· Assist in tracking impact of corporate and partner messaging in news media, social media and other channels
· Monitor and aggregate local and national news mentions
· Assist in monitoring social media interactions and in aggregating reporting data, including tracking posts highlighting business partnerships
· Update and maintain department and organizational resources, including department media lists and corporate news subscriptions
· Monitor general public relations requests via email
· Disseminate media alerts and news releases to promote initiatives such as community events, business partnerships, ticketing info and other organizational messages
· During the season, fulfill game-night credential requests from the business office, including TV credentials
· Assist in proofreading and editing of materials in support of messaging needs for other corporate departments
· Track corporate awards, department assets and team archives
· Work with Marketing/Events and Entertainment departments to find promotional opportunities for team entertainment assets, including Rumble the Bison, the Thunder Girls, Thunder Drummers, Rain Drops and Storm Chasers
· Maintain good punctuality and attendance
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred
· 2-3 years experience in PR/communications or media relations
· Strong writing skills
· Professional experience in editing/proofreading
· Working knowledge of AP style
· Working knowledge of basketball/NBA
· Some experience with social media
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Communications: Internet Communications
Digital Activation Specialist - Phoenix Suns / Sports & Entertainment Services/Phoenix Mercury (Phoenix, AZ)
Assist Marketing Partnerships and Marketing/Ticket Sales teams in identifying digital trends to capitalize on revenue opportunities, and activate/traffic campaigns.
Primary (Essential) Duties
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of digital, social media and mobile platforms required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional business hours with occasional weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.