Current available jobs in Communications:
» Broadcast Engineer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
» Corporate Communications Coordinator - Oklahoma City Thunder (Oklahoma City, OK)
» Digital Activation Specialist - Phoenix Suns / Sports & Entertainment Services/Phoenix Mercury (Phoenix, AZ)
Communications: Broadcast Production
Broadcast Engineer - Monumental Sports & Entertainment (Washington, DC)
Monumental Sports & Entertainment owns and operates three professional sports teams: the NBA's Washington Wizards, the NHL's Washington Capitals, and the WNBA's Washington Mystics. Monumental, which merged Lincoln Holdings and Washington Sports & Entertainment on June 10, 2010, also owns and operates Verizon Center, the premier sports and entertainment venue in Washington, D.C. Additionally, the group operates Kettler Capitals Iceplex, the Capitals' state-of-the-art training facility in Arlington, Va., and George Mason University's Patriot Center, located in Fairfax, Va.
Overview: Hands-on position that will work with Exec Producer and Chief Engineer to support, address all technology equipment and tasks. Including but not limited to repair, operation, maintenance (both hardware and software) of broadcast television equipment and engineering infrastructure which supports all aspects of a live television environment in a sports arena.
Must have knowledge of: Harris Routers, Ross Switchers, Blackstorm playback machines, EVS, Sony Cameras, Panasonic Cameras, CCTV Systems, RF Signal maintenance, Miranda systems. Knowledge of engineering standards and practices a must.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Monumental Sports employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Monumental Sports employment site.
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Corporate Communications Coordinator - Oklahoma City Thunder (Oklahoma City, OK)
The Corporate Communications Coordinator will help the Oklahoma City Thunder reach out to its fans and partners and broaden the team’s impact by communicating the team’s marketing, sales, community and business messages across all media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with Corporate Communications team to execute organizational communications strategies
· Assist in tracking impact of corporate and partner messaging in news media, social media and other channels
· Monitor and aggregate local and national news mentions
· Assist in monitoring social media interactions and in aggregating reporting data, including tracking posts highlighting business partnerships
· Update and maintain department and organizational resources, including department media lists and corporate news subscriptions
· Monitor general public relations requests via email
· Disseminate media alerts and news releases to promote initiatives such as community events, business partnerships, ticketing info and other organizational messages
· During the season, fulfill game-night credential requests from the business office, including TV credentials
· Assist in proofreading and editing of materials in support of messaging needs for other corporate departments
· Track corporate awards, department assets and team archives
· Work with Marketing/Events and Entertainment departments to find promotional opportunities for team entertainment assets, including Rumble the Bison, the Thunder Girls, Thunder Drummers, Rain Drops and Storm Chasers
· Maintain good punctuality and attendance
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in communications, journalism, public relations or related field preferred
· 2-3 years experience in PR/communications or media relations
· Strong writing skills
· Professional experience in editing/proofreading
· Working knowledge of AP style
· Working knowledge of basketball/NBA
· Some experience with social media
· Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Highly organized and detail-oriented, with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Communications: Internet Communications
Digital Activation Specialist - Phoenix Suns / Sports & Entertainment Services/Phoenix Mercury (Phoenix, AZ)
Assist Marketing Partnerships and Marketing/Ticket Sales teams in identifying digital trends to capitalize on revenue opportunities, and activate/traffic campaigns.
Primary (Essential) Duties
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of digital, social media and mobile platforms required
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional business hours with occasional weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.