Current available jobs in Finance:
» Financial Analyst and Budgeting Associate - Brooklyn Nets (Brooklyn, NY)
» Controller - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Financial Analyst and Budgeting Associate - Brooklyn Nets (Brooklyn, NY)
Under general direction and supervision, this position is responsible for conducting quantitative analysis of information affecting investment programs of the organization. This position reports directly to the Manager of Financial Analysis & Budgeting.
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
· Assists with the evaluation of pricing and related metrics for ticket sales;
· Assists in developing pricing and reconciliations with the box office to ensure variable pricing is appropriate;
· Assists in tracking secondary market ticket value and volume;
· Works with the box office to monitor the relationship between pricing and inventory levels;
· Assists with the coordination of both Ticket Operations and Ticket Sales department(s) to develop a pricing scheme for each year and the playoffs;
· Performs analysis of the potential affect the team may impact ticket sales;
· Develops and performs other analysis as needed which may include per caps, attendance by location, etc.;
· Assists the Marketing department with analyzing the ROI on marketing plans by utilizing CRM software;
· Assists with the preparation of daily sales reports to be distributed to senior management;
· Reports the weekly ticket sales to the league with explanation for variances;
· Assists with the preparation of weekly/biweekly ticketing reporting packages, providing management with in-depth information on ticket sales projections;
· Works with the Ticket Sales department to develop a system to track ticket sales account receivables and provides updates to senior management;
· Develops reporting systems to track earned commission and bonuses throughout the year;
· Works with the Ticket Sales department to develop annual budgets;
· Assists with monitoring performance against budget plans and modifies as appropriate;
· Provides reporting to senior management and department heads regarding variances;
· Assists with the preparation of monthly forecasts for ticket sales and attendance, based on analysis of information provided by ticket sales department heads;
· Assists with budgeting and forecasting by providing monthly variance analysis;
· Assists with developing new ways of predicting attendance levels and ticket sales for particular games;
· Works with department heads to develop a system for tracking and utilizing unused tickets and dynamic pricing alternatives;
· Evaluates All Access buyers for financial soundness;
· Assists with the management of board of directors information packets on a quarterly basis;
· Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
· Finance, Economics or Accounting degree required;
· 3-5 years experience in Finance, Accounting or Analytics is required, or 1-2 years with MBA;
· Background in sports and entertainment is preferred.
· Must possess advanced Microsoft Excel skills; expertise in formula writing or VBA is a plus;
· Experience with Ticketmaster’s Archtics program is a plus;
· Must have the ability to perform advanced database queries and manipulation;
· Must have an uncompromised ability to protect the confidentiality/privacy of others and company documents and records;
· Must have the ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance;
· Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
· Must possess the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships;
· Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
· Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills;
· Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness;
· Must be self-directed and able to work independently;
· Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole;
· Strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills;
· Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made;
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS
A. Travel Requirements
May be required to travel on rare occasions (<5% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
B. Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to list up to 10 pounds.
C. Work Environment
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, may be expected to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to five the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Brooklyn Nets employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Brooklyn Nets employment site.
Finance: Controller/Director of Finance
Controller - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
The Controller manages the league level and business operating departments from a financial perspective and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. The Controller also provides financial support to Executives, Vice-Presidents and Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.