Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Accountant - Golden State Warriors (Oakland, CA)
About the Position
The Senior Accountant will be an integral contributor to the finance and business operations of the Golden State Warriors and will have a broad range of responsibilities including all aspects of the monthly close, GL responsibilities, fulfilling the external reporting requirements of government agencies and developing process efficiencies. The individual in this position must be a self-starter and possess great attention to detail, strong financial acumen, high aptitude for technology and financial systems and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic environment.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Controller and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Participate in the month-end close process and communicate with other departments to ensure all information requirements and reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries.
- Prepare budget-to-actual variance analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with various departments to provide financial insights and relevant reporting.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all Company liabilities are properly accrued for.
- Conduct special research and projects for the G/L as required.
- Watch for areas of improvement within our processes, make suggestions and implement process improvements.
- Manage intercompany transactions.
- Manage league reporting requirements and insure timely submission and compliance.
- Assist in annual and off-cycle audit preparations. Assist preparing needed reports, reconciliations and back up supporting schedules for the external auditors.
- Manage sales tax, property tax and business tax tracking and reporting.
- Manage all aspects of fixed asset tracking approval and classification.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 4 to 7 years’ experience working in an accounting related role.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledger, journal entry preparation, monthly & annual close processes.
- Knowledge of accounting principles/practices, internal controls, budget development, projections & variance analysis.
- Ability to prepare, organize, analyze and present complex financial information.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines and issue financial information in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility with changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time manage workload.
- Ability to work independently, be a supportive colleague and team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software.
Competitive compensation and benefits package provided.