Current available jobs in Finance:
» Controller - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
» Manager of Financial Reporting - Minnesota Timberwolves (Minneapolis, MN)
» Senior Staff Accountant - New Orleans Pelicans (Metairie, LA)
Finance: Controller/Director of Finance
Controller - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
The Controller manages the league level and business operating departments from a financial perspective and oversees the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. The Controller also provides financial support to Executives, Vice-Presidents and Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Manager of Financial Reporting - Minnesota Timberwolves (Minneapolis, MN)
Job Title: Manager of Financial Reporting
Position Summary: This position will provide audit, compliance, general accounting and analytical support to both Teams (Timberwolves & Lynx).
1. Partner with strategic departments to monitor business improvement thresholds and action plan initiatives measuring market opportunity in areas of ticketing, sponsorship and premium seats.
2. Establish compliance matrix to evaluate business improvement & action plan progress.
3. Generate summary reports and dashboards to describe progress in market opportunity areas of ticketing, sponsorship and premium seats.
4. Work closely with Senior Management and serve as a business partner to strategic departments as initiatives, organizational goals and objectives are developed.
Audit and Financial Reporting
1. Assist in preparation of annual BRI and CFS reports required by the NBA.
2. Update quarterly CFS projections for league office.
3. Support key aspects of the annual audits including preparation of audit schedules and compiling records,
4. Assist in production of financial statements in adherence with reporting calendar deadlines including internal consolidated financial statements and various management reports.
5. Assist with League mandated audits as well as any other external examinations that may occur during the year.
1. Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger chart of accounts, preparation of account reconciliations, financial analysis, and ensure accurate and timely month and year end close process.
2. Ensure adherence to GAAP; that appropriate internal controls are in place and policies and procedures are being met.
3. General Accounting work including but not limited to:
4. Support VP Finance and CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
5. Maintain working knowledge of company’s Sage 300 accounting system- position to cross-train with members of Accounting Group to provide backup coverage and for career development / succession reasons.
Other duties as assigned by VP Finance.
Experience: 4 years of accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and audit/reporting experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Previous experience in professional sports team environment preferred. Require the ability to input data, retrieve records and print reports through use of computerized accounting systems. Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data; Working knowledge of Sage 300 (accounting) software, Intelligence Report Writer &/or similar systems are preferred; Proficiency and technical aptitude with ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. Office hours are typically 8:00 AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday. In addition to working office hours staff are required to work all Timberwolves and Lynx home games, in addition to external events including but not limited to: charity and networking events. Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. This job also operates in a sports arena, which includes bleachers/steps.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information with others both in person and over the telephone. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position, as well as operate computers and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, printer and telephone. Staff will frequently ascend and descend bleachers/steps and traverse around the arena both on event days and non-event days. Staff may occasionally move boxes of merchandise/ rewards for members weighing up to 15 pounds.
Position may require some travel to league finance meetings.
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx are an equal employment opportunity organization.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Staff Accountant - New Orleans Pelicans (Metairie, LA)
The New Orleans Pelicans are seeking an experienced accountant to join our Finance staff. Local candidates preferred. The position is responsible for applying accounting principles in order to analyze fiancial information and prepare financial reports by preparing the monthly journal entries and financial statement as well as the appropriate accounting control procedures.
Primary Responsibilities include:
The New Orleans Pelicans are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classification.
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.