Current available jobs in Finance:
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Accountant - Sacramento Kings (Sacramento, CA)
The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The position is responsible for month-end close functions, projects, consistent application of revenue recognition policies and procedures, including the reconciliation of revenue transactions, the deferral of revenue, and the recording of other liabilities for the team and arena. This position will have the responsibility of supporting all facets of our financial reporting process. It will also have to understand the elements needed for an effective internal control system. Technical accounting research and writing will also be a requirement of this position. We seek a candidate who demonstrates excellent teamwork skills, an aptitude for systems technology, and a willingness and expectation to partner with a rapidly evolving environment.
Key Responsibilities Areas (KRA’s):
• Responsible for recording journal entries and reconciling complex general ledger accounts.
• Record and reconcile NBA related income statement and balance sheet transactions.
• Develop and prepare accurate and timely ad-hoc analysis to explain financial results and variances for management.
• Reconcile sales transactions within the Companies’ revenue sub-ledgers, point-of-sale systems, and sales contracts to ensure accuracy of the data and integrity of revenue in the general ledger.
• Audit sales transactions to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and the Companies’ revenue recognition policy.
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of processing and reporting financial data.
• Assists with financial forecasting and budget preparation.
• Responsible for (our multiple) annual audit preparation and inquiries related, but not limited, to the primary functions of this role.
• Maintain internal control policies and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards.
• Maintain accounting principles, practices, policies and procedures to ensure U.S. GAAP compliance.
• Proactively identify risks and areas of improvement and make recommendations
• Serve as a mentor and resource for other department team members.
• Act as accounting lead on assigned projects and initiatives. This will include collaborating with various team members in gathering and documenting requirements (both accounting treatment and systems), reviewing results as well as monitoring implementation and issue resolution.
• Responsible for other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• 6+ years of accounting experience, preferably including revenue accounting experience and multiple element arrangements.
• Ability to maintain confidence and protect the Companies’ financial information.
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting best practices, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and FASB codification.
• Working understanding of internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
• Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure financial data are accurately reflected in the financial statements and analysis.
• A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex business arrangements and accounting challenges.
• Proven experience in dealing with the evaluation of risk, analysis of possible outcomes, and making good decisions based on the information given.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
• Strong time management skills, ability to work independently, balance multiple projects simultaneously, and act as primary owner of individual projects while incorporating an exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure, remain flexible in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
• Collaborative and customer service work style.
• Requires advanced Microsoft Excel skills as well as the ability to mine for, manipulate, and manage large amounts of data, including the ability to write algebraic expressions in Excel.
• Experience with Ticketmaster applications, Sage 100, Workday and TMSS time &attendance.
• Technical accounting research and writing.
• Ability to work overtime, nights and weekend.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.