Benefits Administrator - Phoenix Suns / Sports & Entertainment Services/Phoenix Mercury (Phoenix, AZ)
This full-time, salaried position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources. Needs to have a polished & professional image, strong organizational skills and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. The position requires tact and discretion while interfacing with all levels of staff, executives, League and player representatives and various basketball entities.
Primary (Essential) Duties
• Oversee multiple company and league-directed benefit and insurance programs
• Process and handle daily benefits transactions such as enrollments, COBRA, terminations, and various changes through multiple benefit providers and brokers.
• Serve as a primary contact for employees, managers, and leadership team regarding benefit related issues, questions, and decisions regarding eligibility or other related topics.
• Work closely with all vendors and brokers to ensure compliance, reporting and planning related to all lines of benefits and seek enhanced benefit solutions
• Supervise benefit open enrollment meetings and communications; direct HR Administrative Assistant activities related to health and welfare plans and processes
• Responsible for administration and management of our Executive Retirement Plan and multiple 401(k) programs, including annual discrimination testing and 401(k) audits including preparation of 5500 tax filings in conjunction with key members of the Finance/Payroll teams.
• Reconcile monthly invoices and eligibility reports
• Participate in the negotiation, design and implementation of core employee benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, HSA, FSA, 401(k), time off programs, workers comp policies)
• Communicate and provide benefit cost metrics to senior staff and ownership as necessary
• Monitor and ensure compliance with FMLA, Work Comp leave and various Leaves of Absence; including Personal, and Military.
• Manage worker’s compensation program including OSHA logs and Industrial Commission reporting. As well as participate on the safety committee
• Educate peer and employee staff on all lines of benefit products and information including conducting benefit orientations and workshops
• Ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA, and other regulations
• Assists the HR team with assorted HR projects, as necessary
Additional Responsibilities/Non-Essential Duties
• Participate in company Safety Committee and other company events coordinated by Human Resources
• Provide additional support and duties, activities and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
• Experience in self-funded and HSA medical platforms with functional ability to reconcile premiums and monthly billings
• Strong knowledge of 401(k) administration and fiduciary responsibilities
• Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, ADA, ACA, ARRA, OSHA and other benefits related laws and requirements
• Experience filing and reporting 5500
• Understanding of confidentiality principles, business relationships and sensitivity to the high profile and unique nature of the professional sports and entertainment industry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Polished interpersonal and communication skills with a positive demeanor and appearance
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of benefits administration experience
• Professional HR or benefits certification preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Traditional business hours with occasional weekends, evenings, some holidays and some overtime to meet business needs
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
The Phoenix Suns are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Financial Analyst - Utah Jazz (Salt Lake City, UT)
The Utah Jazz and the Larry H Miller Sports and Entertainment Group is hiring a Financial Analyst. This position will have an active role in the monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projections. Champion the company’s Mission and Vision, and model the company Values.
Specific Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Protect the moral, legal and financial well-being of the Company
- Continually teach associates new and better ways of doing business with and emphasis on STEWARDSHIP, ACCOUNTABILITY, LEADERSHIP and GUEST SERVICE.
- Analyzing internal financial performance/trends and recommending action
- Creating detailed financial reports and dashboards
- Forecasting, variance analysis, and financial modeling
- Regulatory reporting and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- MBA in Finance or Accounting required plus minimum 2+ years of direct relevant preferred.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Microsoft Office expertise, particularly in Excel, as well as data warehouse report writing is mandatory.
- Experience with SQL Databases and Hyperion is a plus
- Must be able to pass a background and drug screening prior to employment
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Exposed to walking, standing, twisting
- Exposed to intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling and climbing stairs
- Must be able to communicate in English
Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screening