Current available jobs in Player/Basketball Operations:
Player/Basketball Operations: Statistics
Basketball Operations Analyst - Houston Rockets (Houston, TX)
The Houston Rockets front office is looking to add a talented new member to the team. This person will work intimately with the entire front office, including GM Daryl Morey, to organize basketball data, build software tools, and analyze basketball games. People who hate coding need not apply, though the job could easily be a fit for talented data scientists, software engineers, forecasters, web developers, statisticians, DBAs, machine learning experts, etc. Experience in basketball is not required; learning easily is. Much of the work is in SQL, so interested applicants should have either tangible SQL experience or a deep understanding of programming combined with an appetite to learn SQL quickly. Nimbleness of mind is key, as is the candidate's ability to fit into an energetic, passionate work environment in Houston. The position reports to the Daryl Morey, (GM).
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field
• Experience with varied programming languages, particularly SQL
• Experience with statistics and commonly used statistics packages, machine learning, econometrics, data visualization, and basketball analytics is desirable
• Background in mathematical or computational field is desirable but not required
• Experience with large data sets, "big data", is an advantage
• Interest in and familiarity with basketball and terminology
Highly motivated and dependable Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer 2 questions:
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.