Retail: Retail Merchandising
Merchandise Manager - Milwaukee Bucks (Milwaukee, WI)
Under the direction of Retail Director, oversees store operations and provides direction to Retail Supervisors and associates in accordance with Company’s customer service standards and applicable operational standards.
- Supervises retail associates; completes store operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Trains to, and maintains retail standards, policies and procedures.
- Opens and closes retail location as directed by management.
- Schedules all hourly retail associates to ensure proper coverage for all game day and non-game day store hours and responsibilities.
- Monitors retail cashiers with the daily cash procedures and operations. Ensure proper cash management.
- Works with the cash office and finance team to ensure daily cash reports are accurate and investigates any variances.
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests both on the floor and at the cashier area
- Regularly evaluates, creates, and maintains professional visual displays; provides direction to Retail Supervisors and retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays.
- Works with the other department within the organization to generate inter departmental transfers of product to ensure proper movement of funds within the organization.
- Ensures integrity of physical inventory levels.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
- Performs duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience as a manager in a retail environment.
- Previous cash handling experience required
- Previous experience working with point of sale (POS) system required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Business Management or Sports Management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage supervisory level associates and entry level retail associates.
- Problem solve different situations with internal and external customers.
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s customer service standards.
- Ability to interact on a professional level with high profile clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (cont):
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and prepare written reports.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Advanced math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Ability to stand for entire length of shift
· Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently
· Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.