Current available jobs in
Retail: Retail Merchandising
Director, Retail and Merchandising - Milwaukee Bucks (Milwaukee, WI)
The Team Retail Director is responsible for working with team partners and vendors to create a comprehensive retail strategy that will ensure the achievement of sales goals. This position will develop and enhance all merchandising processes as well as manage relationships with third party in-arena and online retail and merchandising partners. This position will work as a liaison for the team to develop and implement all merchandise marketing, inventory, pricing and sales strategies. The individual filling this position must possess great energy, a strong merchandising background and excellent communication skills. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing.
• Manage relationships with in-arena retail partner and online partner to implement and influence merchandising strategies.
• Actively explore new product ideas to develop cutting edge merchandise strategies with current and new vendors.
• Understand profiles of merchandise purchasers and develop appropriate product mix and targeted sales strategies.
• Creatively work with partners to optimize overall layout and merchandise presentation in physical and online locations.
• Analyze sales trends to assist and advise retail partners on inventory management.
• Continuously monitor the buying patterns, performance indicators and customer feedback plus predict future sales trends of products. Responsible for making adjustments based on this information as necessary.
• Maintain targeted sales budget and produce weekly reports outlining progress towards meeting this budget by channel.
• Manage internal corporate gift and premium product ordering with third parties.
• Manage and oversee team retail presence outside of the arena (Wisconsin State Fair, Summerfest, etc.).
• Develop and implement strategy for selling official team collectibles (including game worn and autographed items).
• Meet suppliers and negotiate terms of contracts (including online retail partner).
• Create stories around key products and work with Marketing and Communications departments to sell those stories.
• Attend trade shows to assist retail partners in selecting and assembling product collections.
• Participate in promotional activities; develop promotional marketing plans for team retail including in-game, owned assets (broadcast, website, etc.) season ticket holder incentives, season long calendar of sales incentives and drivers.
• BS/BA Degree in a relevant area of study such as marketing, fashion or merchandising.
• Prior experience (4 years plus) in a corporate retail and merchandising role with understanding of a variety of product lines, including performance and high-end.
• Well-versed in developing floor plans and three-dimensional displays in order to maximize sales.
• Proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Must be very dynamic, forward thinking, extremely analytical and well organized.
• Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Part-Time Retail Representative - Orlando Magic (Orlando, FL)
Retail Representatives are responsible for assisting customers at the Amway Center on game nights, with all aspects relating to the Team Shops located throughout the arena. Candidates must have strong customer service skills and be able to work in a busy, dynamic environment. Retail Representatives must be able to multi-task, and work well with others.
• Reports To: Senior Manager Retail Operations
• Indirectly Reports To: Assistant Manager Retail Operations
• Hiring Authority: No
• Game night responsibilities Yes:
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 21-40
• Event night responsibilities: No
• Approximate number of events worked per season: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process customer merchandise transactions utilizing a Point of Sale (POS) system
• Provide excellent customer service to all patrons on game nights
• Maintain above average mystery shop scores as determined by retail management
• Achieve sales, productivity, and incentive goals
• Maintain superior knowledge of entire product line
• Recognize wants and needs of each customer, to ensure a satisfactory shopping experience
• Up-sell specific products to patrons as directed by retail management
• Ability to reconcile and appropriately closeout assigned workstation at end of each shift
• Assist management in maintaining the organization and cleanliness of assigned retail area(s)
• Ability to multi-task, and work with a wide range of customers
• Process both cash and credit card merchandise transactions
• Assist with the management of all inventory at assigned retail area(s)
• Create personalized products (jerseys, t-shirts, etc) for customers as necessary
• Execute internal requests for merchandise as directed from retail management
• Provide assistance and training for other team members as needed
• Assure protection of company assets while adhering to company loss prevention policies and procedures
• Makes decisions with little or no choice as to the methods and procedures used in achieving results
• All other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Cash handling and credit card transaction experience required.
• Point of Sale (POS) experience required.
• 1-2 years of retail experience preferred.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Ability to take direction without follow up.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to work 5 to 7 hour shifts while standing.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Orlando Magic employment site.
To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please
click here to apply for this job on the Orlando Magic employment site.
Go back job listings