Web Developer/Designer - Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities • Work with Digital Director to ensure strong online presence and that the site is aligned with all organizational strategies and goals (i.e.: design, branding, sponsorship/partner opportunities, ticketing initiatives, community relations programs, media/public relations opportunities, merchandise offerings, online auctions, etc.)
• Manage day-to-day aspects of Barclays Center and Brooklyn Nets web properties including bc.com and brooklynnets.com. Responsibilities include layout, new section development, content updates (pre and post game, special features, event updates, photo galleries, press releases), multimedia encoding/management.
• Maintain and update team WAP site and mobile SMS updates.
• Ensure that layout of the content is accessible and logical; recommend improvements as necessary.
• Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites.
• Pre- and post-game and event duties will require the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Stay on top of latest trends in web development, web design, e-mail design, and social media. Provide recommendations regularly.
• Create opportunities to leverage the brand on the web using cross-promotional and content-sharing applications, both internally and externally.
• Develop relationships and regularly communicate with team partners including NBA.com, Turner Digital, Carbon House web hosting providers and 3rd party application service providers.
• Design online IAB standard ad units for use on team web properties and for external media sites.
• Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
• 3+ years experience in web development and web design.
• Bachelor's degree in related field;
• A strong background in Web design and development with high regard for usability and maintaining web standards.
• Advanced knowledge of HTML, XHTML CSS and Flash is required. Must be able to hand code.
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
• Must possess attention to clean, efficient coding techniques and performance optimization.
• Comfort in working with content management systems on a Mac Platform.
• Experience with Drupal and WordPress is a must.
• Ability to create and edit Facebook tabs.
• Familiarity with online tracking tools [Google Analytics, Dart].
• Ability to build email campaigns using tables for layout.
• Some knowledge of PHP theming, MYSQL, and JS (heavy programming not required).
• Must be skilled in use of Adobe CS4 – Web Premium Suite
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time and complete projects on deadline.
• Must be an effective communicator who can work efficiently in both independent and collaborative situations in a fast-paced, creative, and frequently reactive sports marketing environment.
• Interest in the Entertainment Industry and NBA Basketball is required
IT Business Analyst - Detroit Pistons / Palace Sports & Entertainment (Auburn Hills, MI)
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering, documenting and analyzing application and reporting requirements, conduct application analysis, participate in functional design, create and analyze ad-hoc reports/user-interfaces and aid in the escalation/solution of project risks and issues. The IT Business Analysts will be expected to own certain vendor driven projects to see that they are delivered on time, meet the business team’s needs, and that status is provided to stakeholders on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities include the following:
Assess business operations and processes of business units to understand procedures, informational flow and handoffs, decisions, communications and workflows.
Participate in meetings and projects with business unit staff and IT to automate, upgrade or expand applications that accomplish business operations
Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development
Develops queries, analysis, or reports from applications for business units
When required, manage projects throughout the SDLC process and see that they are delivered with the highest standards.
Provide input into the PS&E IT processes with the goal of improving communication and delivery
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to effectively partner with technical and functional groups
3 years of systems development methodology experience including writing and analyzing requirements; reviewing technical deliverables; participating and leading development projects; creating user acceptance test plans and test cases; and executing user acceptance testing
Experienced in the development and maintenance of business processes, including re-engineering
Strong understanding of project methodologies and practices
Hyperion Financials (FDM/HFM) experience, including SmartView, a plus
Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Great Plains) experience a plus
A background in finance and accounting is a plus
3-5 years of related experience (i.e. Finance, IT, BA role, PM role, etc.)
BS in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be required by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Web Developer & Designer - Houston Rockets (Houston, TX)
In conjunction with the E-Marketing Manager, the Web Developer will work on the development and implementation of Web centric technology to support the company’s worldwide web based application(s). This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages, Web content and sites; integrating sites with back end applications; migrating legacy applications to the Web; and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s Web portfolio.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Provide media development for projects, products, and applications across the enterprise.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining all online properties including but not limited to Rockets.com and HoustonToyotaCenter.com
• Responsible for keeping the sites up to date and free of errors
• Work with the graphic design group on web Banner Ad campaigns – layout and submit to online advertising partners
• Work with NBA Digital on league web technology standards
• Train e-marketing and web content team on new web technologies that focus on generating content for our websites and social media outlets
• Work with software vendors and the legal departments on agreements/partnerships that help grow the Rockets brand.
• Use audio/video editing skills to produce multi media presentations
• Record player interviews, press conferences and community events using video and still photography for the purpose of providing content
• Assist in overflow of content management on social media networks
• Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
• 3-4 years of professional experience
• Experience in Flash, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver required
• FTP understanding required
• Experience in using various content management systems preferred
• Understanding of server and DNS technology preferred
• Ability to work multiple nights and weekends
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
• The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
• The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
• The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.
Individuals that exhibit our ONE TEAM PHILOSOPHY of PASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, CUSTOMER FOCUS, and TEAMWORK are welcome to apply!
Director of IT Operations- Full Time - Miami HEAT (Miami, FL)
Brief Job Description of the Position
Overview of the Job: The Director of IT Operations oversees the day-to-day operations of the client systems & event operations support team, as well as, the organization’s telephony team. The ideal candidate will work with internal customers to communicate issue status and provide reports to the IT management team. This position will require working closely with the SVP/CIO and other IT department heads to develop and track metrics on issue resolution. Also, this individual will work with the IT team to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the Client Systems & Event Operations Support and Telecom Team operations for the entire organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the activities of direct report staff which includes, but is not limited to all client edge systems (i.e. PC’s, printer’s, POS systems, etc.), client device security, change management and telecommunications. This involves leading change management and risk management efforts, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely completions of projects.
2. Oversee management of day-to-day operations and IT issues of all direct report staff.
3. Oversee management of all corporate telecommunications operations.
4. Manage direct report staff, which includes hiring, training, guidance, performance reviews and discipline as needed.
5. Ensure the team is made up of the correct complement of technical staff at all times.
6. Ensure that all direct report technical staff is organized and utilized effectively and efficiently.
7. Ensure quality and consistency in the technical services provided.
8. Responsible for the creation of policies, procedures and oversight of resource management as it pertains to the technical operations and planning.
9. Establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders.
10. Provide support to senior leadership and mid-level management on issues relating to resource allocation and utilization.
11. Manage outsourced technical resources to identify, gather and prioritize requests for systems and/or network interoperability (new and existing).
12. Develop best practices and written documentation for all IT related processes.
13. Develop productive and effective vendor relationships to ensure cost effectiveness and quality.
14. Participate in senior management activities including staff meetings, planning and strategy sessions, etc.
15. PC & Laser Printer Hardware Repair & Maintenance
16. CAT5 cabling and Ethernet setup.
17. Improve Customer support process. Manage, supervise and prioritize the organization’s Helpdesk to minimize user downtime.
18. Provide level 1 and level 2 support to desktop clients regarding client applications and hardware. Deliver projects on time.
19. Provide first and second level help desk support. Reduce operating expense by using competitive vendor quotes. Reduce help desk incidents through proactive repairs and thereby reduce the mean time to repairs. Reduce parts cost and repair turnaround by seeking competitive vendor relationships.
20. Provide level 1 Point of Sale systems maintenance and ongoing support.
21. Document (as needed) all data desktop & server based software implementations so that future upgrades and/or maintenance of systems can be performed with technical efficiency, reductions in down time, and within overall operating expense.
22. Must be willing to work days and/or nights, weekends and Holidays to learn all game day event systems.
23. Once the candidate is proficient in all operational duties, the ideal candidate must be willing to work days and/or nights, weekends and Holidays as needed. This position will require that the ideal candidate provide “hands-on” support alongside his/her staff as needed.
24. Improve personal technical expertise to leverage current skill set and develops cost efficient and user friendly IT solutions.
1. Experience designing user packages for medium to large employers.
2. More than 6 years of hands-on field experience managing desktop support personnel in a technical role. A minimum of 6 years in a leadership (management) role.
3. Strong communication and people management skills are essential including demonstrated ability to recruit, mentor and motivate staff as well as manage performance and employee relations issues.
4. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
5. Strong customer service orientation.
6. Prior personnel management experience with demonstrated ability to think strategically and lead.
7. Solid understanding of technology industry best practices and standards.
8. Must have an absolute commitment to IT systems uptime with impeccable attention to detail.
9. Proficiency required in developing and managing the ongoing assessment of project delivery quality.
10. Working knowledge of operating systems and server applications a plus.
11. Knowledge of advanced networking concepts (wired and wireless).
12. Hands-on field experience with data switches, access points, firewalls and routers in a networked environment with a good working knowledge of how all of it interoperates.
13. Knowledge of support and troubleshooting in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and MAC environments.
14. Excellent problem solving skills coupled with the ability to explain complex issues to non-technical staff.
15. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and time manage.
16. Self-starter with initiative, strong organizational skills, project management skills, decision making and leadership skills.
17. Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees of all levels/areas.
18. Certifications and relevant credentials from Microsoft/Apple.
Technical School or MIS Degree preferred; A+ certification and desktop helpdesk field experience. Minimum of 6 years PC & Laser printer hardware repair experience. Must have prior experience working with PC’s in an Active Directory LAN environment, with Windows 2000/XP & MS Office applications and MAC’s. All Candidates must be willing to work extended hours and weekends in order to learn arena support requirements. The ideal candidate must be willing to work days and/or nights, weekends and Holidays as needed. This position will require the ideal candidate to provide “hands-on” support as needed, when needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
Desktop Support Specialist - New Orleans Pelicans/Saints (Metairie, LA)
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for installation, maintenance, and support of the company’s desktop computer and telecommunications systems, including telephones and mobile devices.
• Provides technical leadership in the planning, implementing, and deployment of the desktop environment for optimum IT function. This includes PCs, Printers, and Telecommunications systems.
• Serves as primary contact for administration of desktops/laptops, hardware, software, telephone, printer and peripheral equipment.
• Configures new desktops and PDA devices, ensures a virus-free environment at the desktop level, plan and manage Windows upgrade and deployment processes/template standards, and performs new user setup and configuration changes to desktop/laptop environments as required.
• Troubleshoots systems when there is an issue reported by users.
• Administers the creation, operation, modification, deletion of usernames and passwords of employees in the system.
• Other related duties as required.
• University degree in computer science or commensurate experience.
• Technical certifications preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows XP/7 desktop administration, maintenance and troubleshooting. Knowledge of Mac OS a plus.
• A solid background in Microsoft Office 2007/2010 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Adobe applications is essential.
• Strong troubleshooting, research and implementation skills required.
• Prior experience managing office and mobile telecommunications is a definite plus.
• Must be able to carry a cell phone and respond promptly to occasional requests for assistance (24/7). Some occasional travel is required. Must be able to lift and carry computer equipment.
• Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with internal customers effectively by phone, email, and in person.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the company.
• Ability to work well in a small, collaborative team in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work nights/weekends/flexible schedule, including participation in on-call rotation schedule.
• Typical office environment
• Must be able to sit and work at a computer 80% of the day
• Must be able to work extended hours, holidays, nights, and weekends
• Occasionally move general office equipment or supplies up to 15 pounds
No phone calls or emails accepted. Please submit your application online through this website. You will contacted by the hiring manager should your qualifications and experience meet the job requirements.
Digital Developer - Sacramento Kings (Sacramento, CA)
Summary: The Digital Developer position is primarily responsible for managing and driving development of our content-rich online properties.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Responsible for design of internal/external company Web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality.
• Developing Web page infrastructure and applications related to pages with advanced graphics and features.
• Ensuring optimal technical performance of the site and Web server.
• Developing prototypes and implementing Web pages, CMS templates and views.
• Reviewing, editing, and proof reading all Web content to ensure only the highest quality published pages represent our brand.
• Performing all daily maintenance of websites, including CMS software updates.
• Responsible for the site layout (using Adobe Creative Suite or alternatives) including wireframes, pre-creative, and accessibility concerns.
• Providing video solutions for content management systems.
• Writing structured, validated, and documented HTML code that is maintenance friendly and easily read and understood by others.
• Responsible for keeping current with Web development and publishing technology trends and developments.
• Assisting in Kings online/social/mobile network monitoring.
• Producing and archiving social media statistics and website statistics.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Computer Science and 3+ years of professional Web development experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Expert knowledge of HTML & CSS.
• Proficiency in working with PHP and MySQL, Java Script and JQuery, X/HTML5, CSS 3, XML, AJAX, J2EE, Web 2.0.
• Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with the latest Web standards.
• Proficiency with Drupal, WordPress and Tumblr Content Management Systems.
• Working knowledge of Facebook Open Graph, Google, Instagram and Twitter APIs.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Online Marketing Suite and SEO.
• Ability to creatively innovate new products (widgets, wizards, tools, controls) to enhance user Web experience.
• Exposure to other server-side scripting languages such as JSP, ASP, CFM.
• Must possess a full understanding and demonstrated experience developing solutions for cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility concerns.
• Experience developing professional Web applications for use in database driven applications and websites.
• Must possess an intimate knowledge of Web development tools, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as the Mac environment.
• Working knowledge of the Sacramento Kings organization and the NBA.
• Maintenance of an online portfolio.
• Operational knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Instagram, emerging social media trends and technology.
• Must be team oriented with strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time-management skills and task prioritization.
• Meticulous attention to detail is paramount.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.