Digital Developer - Sacramento Kings (Sacramento, CA)
Summary: The Digital Developer position is primarily responsible for managing and driving development of our content-rich online properties.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Responsible for design of internal/external company Web pages, including graphics, animation, and functionality.
• Developing Web page infrastructure and applications related to pages with advanced graphics and features.
• Ensuring optimal technical performance of the site and Web server.
• Developing prototypes and implementing Web pages, CMS templates and views.
• Reviewing, editing, and proof reading all Web content to ensure only the highest quality published pages represent our brand.
• Performing all daily maintenance of websites, including CMS software updates.
• Responsible for the site layout (using Adobe Creative Suite or alternatives) including wireframes, pre-creative, and accessibility concerns.
• Providing video solutions for content management systems.
• Writing structured, validated, and documented HTML code that is maintenance friendly and easily read and understood by others.
• Responsible for keeping current with Web development and publishing technology trends and developments.
• Assisting in Kings online/social/mobile network monitoring.
• Producing and archiving social media statistics and website statistics.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Computer Science and 3+ years of professional Web development experience; or equivalent work experience.
• Expert knowledge of HTML & CSS.
• Proficiency in working with PHP and MySQL, Java Script and JQuery, X/HTML5, CSS 3, XML, AJAX, J2EE, Web 2.0.
• Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with the latest Web standards.
• Proficiency with Drupal, WordPress and Tumblr Content Management Systems.
• Working knowledge of Facebook Open Graph, Google, Instagram and Twitter APIs.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Online Marketing Suite and SEO.
• Ability to creatively innovate new products (widgets, wizards, tools, controls) to enhance user Web experience.
• Exposure to other server-side scripting languages such as JSP, ASP, CFM.
• Must possess a full understanding and demonstrated experience developing solutions for cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility concerns.
• Experience developing professional Web applications for use in database driven applications and websites.
• Must possess an intimate knowledge of Web development tools, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, as well as the Mac environment.
• Working knowledge of the Sacramento Kings organization and the NBA.
• Maintenance of an online portfolio.
• Operational knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Instagram, emerging social media trends and technology.
• Must be team oriented with strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time-management skills and task prioritization.
• Meticulous attention to detail is paramount.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Responsible for planning and selecting all team products to sell in retail outlets, online, at games and to internal partners. Manages pricing, marketing and merchandising for the department.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA's):
1. Maintains a monthly and yearly buying plan.
2. Assists in developing strategic plans for division including marketing strategy.
3. Oversees purchasing for all Team Stores with special attention to inventory levels, turnover product mix and profit margins.
4. Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations.
5. Source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive.
6. Maximizes profits and provide a commercially viable range of merchandise at competitive prices.
7. Keeps up to date with market trends and reacts to changes in demand immediately.
8. Creates merchandising POG’s and communication weekly to stores.
9. Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends; regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels.
10. Managing plans for stock level; reacting to changes in demand and logistics.
11. Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract.
12. Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
13. Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed.
14. Attending trade fairs, to select and assemble a new collection of products.
15. Participating in promotional activities.
16. Writing reports and forecasting sales levels.
17. Liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand.
18. Training and mentoring junior staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Merchandise Marketing, or related field.
• 2-3 year’s retail buying experience.
• Previous management experience preferred.
• Must possess interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Must be customer service and multi-task oriented, with the ability to detail.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, being on-call, and holidays as necessary.
• Extensive CRT work.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Summary: Compiles and maintains account receivable and general ledger records by performing the following duties.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Process cash receipt transactions on a daily basis.
• Prepare invoices for billing.
• Maintain customer files, including all accounting and legal documents.
• Research and analyze problem invoices and follow up on inquiries.
• Prepare analysis and client status reports on a weekly basis and as required.
• Process NSF checks, credit card inquiries, and credit card chargebacks.
• Verify and report daily ticket sales and cash activity.
• Participate in the monthly close and annual audits
• Post journal entries related to (but not limited to) the sale of tickets, merchandise, internal merchandise, and parking.
• Provide support to department’s accountants and managers.
• Assist in preparing and distributing daily, weekly, and quarterly reports to management.
• Perform all work in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Reconcile all duties stated above to the general ledger.
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Various other projects and duties may be assigned as required.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university, and two years of accounting experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems in a fast paced environment.
• In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Accounting software; knowledge of Ticketmaster software preferred.
• Must be well organized, able to multi-task, and detail-oriented.
• Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, and overtime as needed.
• Extensive work viewing LED/LCD (similar) screens.
• Must be able to attend training and professional development events as needed.
Capsule Position Description: Managing Kings overall brand architecture. Creating, implementing and measuring integrated marketing campaigns to increase ticket sales, corporate partnership revenue, and broadcast viewership. Developing and executing brand campaigns and season-long grassroots marketing initiatives in order to enhance Kings brand standing and strengthen brand sentiment in the community. Manage Creative Services team covering all production of marketing and event collateral. Provide strategic direction to the Kings Entertainment and New Media teams.
Key Responsibility Areas (KRA’s):
1. Responsible for developing strategic marketing plans and programs, and overseeing the execution of such plans, to drive revenue goals and strengthen brand position. Primary focus on ticket sales and retention, corporate partnership sales and retention, radio listenership and broadcast viewership.
2. Work in partnership with the ticket sales team to maximize revenue generating opportunities that supports renewals, new sales and retention programs.
3. Work in partnership with the corporate sales team to maximize revenue generating opportunities that supports new sales, renewals and activation programs. Includes the development of strategies for the following initiatives: regional, grassroots, multicultural, youth, technology and social responsibility marketing programs.
4. Work in partnership with the analytics team to evaluate ROI of campaigns, institute test and control methodologies, and utilize survey data to inform strategies.
5. Manage creative team and agency relationships. Write creative and media briefs providing clear direction on all campaigns and events.
6. Lead cross-functional teams on an assortment of campaigns and activities. Able to champion a vision across disparate groups.
7. Drive marketing strategies through segmentation analyses of customer base. Cultivate and maintain a keen understanding of our customers and market.
8. Identify changes in the marketplace pro-actively and adjust marketing plans accordingly to meet objectives and fall within budget.
9. Develop and prioritize team technology marketing goals, including e-marketing initiatives. Efforts include the prioritization of web-based marketing opportunities, focus toward impacting the core audiences, as well as the conceptual development of web-based brand extension programs to impact our corporate and ticket sales initiatives.
10. Provide strategic direction to the Kings Entertainment, Engagement Lab and New Media teams.
11. Effectively develop and manage all marketing budgets.
Key Competency Areas (KCA’S):
The individual in this position is expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes in the following areas:
1. Customer Focus – Knowing the internal and external customers’ needs and responding accordingly; anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction.
2. Interpersonal Relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
3. Confidentiality – Able to maintain confidentiality; work with sensitive or proprietary information and exercise discretion.
4. Leadership –Influencing the behavior of other people toward company goals.
5. Active Listening – Giving full attention to the points of views of others; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and making connections
6. Decision Making/Judgment – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution in a timely manner.
7. Informing/Communicating – Disseminating information about decisions, plans and activities to people who need the information to do their work; sharing appropriate information openly.
8. Initiative – Willing to take on responsibilities and challenges, lead teams, and take charge and offer opinions and direction.
9. Planning and Organizing – Appropriately managing resources by identifying when additional resources are necessary; providing others with the resources they need to carry out their job duties; setting priorities and defining action, time, and resources needed to achieve goals.
10. Problem Solving – Identifying cause and effect relationships; draws the right conclusion from the information.
11. Writing – Composing, editing and proofreading the written language as a means for effectively communicating to a variety of audiences; often requiring creativity or objectivity and impartial reporting.
12. Sales and Marketing Knowledge – Knowledgeable of principles and methods for promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales processes.
13. Influencing – Appealing to reason, values, or emotion to generate enthusiasm and support; convincing and persuading others.
14. Thinking Creatively – Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, products or solutions.
15. Retention – Retaining customers by understanding the factors driving their purchasing-decisions or associations; and by providing products and services that appeal to their changing values, interests, and needs.
Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
• Five (5) to Seven (7) years experience in marketing and brand management roles or a creative agency
• Strong communication, presentation, prioritization and organization skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and logic skills.
• Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to customers.
• Ability to analyze, report and evaluate complex numeric data.
• Results oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Computer skills – MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint experience.
• Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Capable of working extended hours such as nights, weekends, overtime, and on-call as needed.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NBA/WNBA/D-LEAGUE TEAMS (Various Locations, --)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NBA/WNBA/D-League teams and NBA China, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application, specifically including the name of the city (ies) (of a NBA/WNBA/D-League Team) where you would like to work. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. List any NBA / WNBA cities in which you want to work -i.e. Philadelphia, New York, Miami, Orlando, Boston, New Jersey, Washington, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto, Detroit, Indiana, Atlanta, Chicago, Utah, San Antonio, Dallas, Minnesota, Denver, Houston, Memphis, Sacramento, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Portland, Phoenix, Seattle, SF