Sales, Service, & Marketing: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
Corporate Partnerships Coordinator - Agua Caliente Clippers (Ontario, CA)
The Agua Caliente Clippers are a new expansion team in the NBA G League beginning play in November 2017. The team is owned and operated by the Los Angeles Clippers but plays and has home offices in Ontario, CA. This position will be a staff member of the Agua Caliente Clippers but working directly with the Los Angeles Clippers Partnership Services department. The primary focus of this position is to coordinate day-to-day aspects associated with the implementation, development and retention of assigned corporate partner sponsorship accounts, in addition to other duties to support the Corporate Partnerships team and/or the Agua Caliente Clippers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate day-to-day operations, activation and development of assigned Agua Caliente Clippers corporate partnership accounts.
· Act as corporate marketing consultant to partner contacts to develop and deliver on impactful, effective and measurable sponsorship platforms.
· Participate in and lead parts of the planning, execution, tracking, and reporting of all assigned partners’ contractual elements, including but not limited to: traditional media assets (e.g. radio, print, television, digital, social, etc.), in-market promotions, in-arena activation, hospitality, experiential, and community programs.
· Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate on the strategy and fulfillment of partnership marketing initiatives.
· Help manage the process of measuring the effectiveness of assigned sponsorship platforms to demonstrate partner ROI and ROO using tools such as Scarborough, Repucom, independent internal studies, etc.
· Maintain and grow partner relationships at all levels from day-to-day contacts to decision makers through regular touchpoints, including but not limited to: weekly or bi-weekly status calls; annual partner activation summit; hospitality and events; pre-season planning, mid-season check-in, and post-season recap meetings, etc.
· Act as an extension of assigned partners’ brand, understanding the industry landscape, business objectives, challenges, opportunities, etc.
· Responsible for directly contributing to overall department revenue goals by assisting with current sponsor partnership renewals and upsell opportunities.
· Work with Director of Partnership Services and Corporate Sales Managers to collaborate on new sponsor partnership opportunities.
· Maintain working knowledge of NBA and NBA G League approval process. Initiate process by submitting all necessary promotional materials and paperwork through the Team Promotions Proposal (TPP) process.
· Attend and participate in Agua Caliente Clippers staff, game/event night, weekly departmental, activation team, and game-related marketing meetings.
· Manage both internal and external partner expectations on processes, timelines, approvals, and deadlines.
· Represents the Clippers in pitch meetings and presentations with clients and agencies.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive landscape for the Clippers sports and entertainment properties and venues.
· Supports the Corporate Partnerships department with tasks relating to proposals, presentation development and special project deliverables to include strategy development, writing and visuals.
· Manage and maintain departments’ CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to help drive sales and streamline business processes.
· Work with Agua Caliente Clippers President and management team on assigned sales, operations, activation or community based projects.
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, advertising, or sports management (or similar field) from a four-year college or university required.
· 2 years of professional work experience with a consumer brand, agency, sports property or venue required. Sales and corporate marking experience preferred.
· Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
· Possess strong proficiency with Adobe Photoshop (preferred).
· Demonstrated ability to be strategic, creative and solution-oriented.
· Ability to establish effective client and interdepartmental relationships, manage multiple client contacts and projects, and drive business.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a group of highly motivated individuals, and also be an independent thinker.
· Ability to interface with colleagues, senior executives, and clients effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style accordingly to the audience.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use the upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information.
· Ability to maintain an impeccable professional appearance.
· Ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships.
· Self-directed and able to work independently.
· Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.