Communications: Communications Department Management
Director, Corporate Communications - Los Angeles Clippers (Los Angeles, CA)
We are seeking a Director, Corporate Communications to actively own the brand story-telling for the organization. You will be responsible for developing narratives using unique, shareable content that builds credibility, while also increasing relevance and driving revenue in the market. You will excel at writing and controlling a narrative through executive interviews and media relationships. You will also help create consistency in how we communicate who we are as a business locally and nationally. You make our team better by acting as a voice of what we represent and where we're going. You are an ambassador of the LA Clippers' vision and values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate within the integrated marketing and communications teams to develop daily business storylines that drive our narrative, in partnership with the Director of Basketball Communications.
• Develop key storylines & content that showcases the company’s narrative across entertainment, business, community, lifestyle, and sports.
• Build brand credibility within sports and entertainment through a thought leadership communications strategy.
• Construct internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
• Partner with internal team members to cohesively align both external and internal brand narratives to ensure consistency in messaging within and outside the organization.
• Actively engage key media outlets to vet and schedule interviews with key company partners.
• Evolve and drive editorial calendar and voice for the team with a focus on building rare, shareable content across many information resources.
• Script storylines that provide meaningful content for partner distribution for outlets including media, digital partners, broadcast partners.
• Foster strategic partnerships with relevant third party media outlets, key personalities, and influencers to improve quality and quantity of brand coverage.
• Coach and develop direct reports into premier marketing communications professionals.
• Provide elite tracking, monitoring, & measurement of communications coverage.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS or equivalent is required; preferably in Marketing, Events, Public Relations or Communications.
• 10+ years of strong communications experience, preferably in professional sports, events and entertainment.
• Strong working relationships with LA-based media outlets.
• Ability to develop storylines and execute across many platforms.
• Knowledge of the content production process, and delivering on deadlines and within a budget.
• A proven track record as an implementer who flourishes with handling a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "lead by influence."
• High energy, maturity, and leadership who can be a unifying strength and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
• Sincere dedication to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
• Works as a reliable and flexible teammate with a friendly and professional attitude.
• Can deftly and professionally handle all media types and independently troubleshoot on the fly.
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper’s desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
NOTE: This web-page does not accept applications and/or resumes for the NBA League Office. If you are interested in career opportunities with the NBA League Office, please click here.