Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Accounting Clerk - Memphis Grizzlies (Memphis, TN)
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
This position is responsible for assisting in collecting, recording and disseminating accounting and financial information and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts, including balance sheet, revenue and expense accounts;
- Prepare and record adjusting journal entries;
- Prepare charter manifest;
- Breakdown cash receipts from ticket sales;
- Assist in disseminating financial reports;
- Assist with monitoring cash flows and cash balances;
- Assist with all audits;
- Provide information to various departments as requested;
- Key invoices into accounts payable;
- Reconcile vendor statements to accounts payable ledger;
- Prepare various tax returns (ie: sales and use tax);
- Assist in reporting to NBA;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Associates Accounting degree or equivalent experience;
- 1-2 years of accounting and general ledger experience;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Extensive computer knowledge, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively and collaboratively with non-financial colleagues;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment;
- High sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
- 3+ years of accounting and general ledger experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains accounting system.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this opportunity?
2. How many years of relevant experience do you possess?
3. What is your current salary?
4. What are your salary requirements?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.