Facility Operations/Security: Facility/Venue Management
Senior Operations Manager - Spurs Sports & Entertainment (San Antonio, TX)
DEPARTMENT: BUILDING OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: Director of Facility Services
DIRECT REPORTS: Electricians, plumber, welder, ice tech, painters, carpenters
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This will be the most senior position reporting to the Director of Facility Services. It oversees and manages all skilled trades in the operations department and the related budgets. It will also monitor and manage service agreements including HVAC, fire protection, and waste removal. Through coordination with the Director of Facility Services, this position will be responsible for managing and overseeing operations special projects, including small renovations and capital projects.
Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. The successful candidate will have experience with public assembly facilities operations including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and project management. The skill to handle multiple tasks at one time, possess energy and self-motivation, provide effective staff leadership, and communication is essential. Must have a professional demeanor and maintain an inspired attitude.
The incumbent in this position is expected to model the following practices on a daily basis: 1) Demonstrated alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaboration with key internal/external resources and 3) Ongoing self-development.
KRA'S (KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS):
1. Lead, direct and manage trades staff
2. Oversee and manage assigned service contracts.
3. Direct and manage small construction/renovation projects from start to finish.
4. Estimate the resources and staffing needed to achieve project goals.
5. Plan and schedule timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
6. Submit annual budgets to Department Director for review.
7. Ability to maintain confidential documents and files.
• 3 years of experience in a supervisory role within an Arena/Stadium/Convention Center operations department.
• Experience and a working knowledge of HVAC systems.
• Experience working with construction and service sub-contractors.
• Ability to read and understand building structural design blue prints.
• Experience with prioritizing and multi-tasking assigned duties.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and other computer skills as required.
• Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating of direct reports
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new industry technologies.
• Must be able to represent Spurs Sport & Entertainment in a professional first class manner consistent with company values with all internal and external parties.
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.